Job Type: Freelance
Location: Greater Toronto Area (GTA)
Number of Positions: Open
Rate: Day Rate, Based on Experience
Hey there, are you an experienced Video Editor looking for a video project to cozy up to?
Well, we’re always looking for amazing, like-minded talent to call upon. With the eb and flow of work, busy times happen. And for us, we’re always looking to fill out our roster of regular freelance workers.
Are you someone we can call upon?
JUST WHO IS PHANTA?
We’re a Markham-based, full-service digital marketing agency that has its heart set on being #Extraordinary. By conquering real business challenges through courageous strategy and ambitious execution, PHANTA is achieving real results for its clients. Results that make a difference.
As a small firm, we’ve developed a strong culture. Those that fit in here will grow, succeed, and have a hand in shaping the company, its projects, and its future. Our working style allows us to push one another, and to speak openly and honestly, with no room for internal politics. We’re a group of people who work really hard, as quickly as possible, and to the highest of standards.
It’s a serious environment, but one that fosters creativity and growth. We like it.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We don’t have to tell you this, but you’re most likely a very organized, flexible, and detail-oriented individual. A video editor has to be, right. You’re also a seasoned team player who enjoys a collaborative environment. And you have the ability to take direction, adapt to standardized best practices, and you have a strong sense of timing and pace.
If you had a toolbox, it would likely be packed with a strong set of skills that includes:
- Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro and After Effects);
- Assistant editor workflow best practices;
- Experience cutting unscripted subject matter, events, scripted subject matter, and tele-prompted communications;
- Experience with colour correction: Davinci Resolve, Red Giant Colorista, and Adobe Speedgrade;
- Experience with simple audio mastering for online delivery;
- Experience with creating closed captions for web and broadcast;
- Familiarity with a variety of shooting formats including AVC-HD, Canon 7D, Canon C100, GoPro, and Samsung Gear 360;
- Experience in both Windows and Mac platforms;
- Simple HTML code experience; and,
- Experience delivering assets for broadcast.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Access to a vehicle
- Valid passport
- Ability to work overtime as needed
HOW YOU CAN APPLY:
To really be considered for this position, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A customized letter detailing your skills and expertise, and why you should be considered for this role.
- Your portfolio of work (either online or offline, as long as we have a good idea what you’ve done).
- Your video reel, if applicable (a link to your best stuff will speak volumes for what you can do).
- Two to three professional references.
- Your availability and rates.
- Your contact information, of course, including full name, email address, phone number and a physical address.
- And if you have one, a resume would be nice.
Absolutely no phone calls, faxes, hop-ons, or drop-ins regarding this position. Successful candidates will be notified of next steps by email or by phone.